Do you need to create space in your closet – NOW! Closet organizing and minimizing can be so overwhelming for a number of reasons such as just don’t want to spend time and energy on minimizing and organizing. News flash!! – yes it does take time and effort but the benefits are so worth it and here is why:
- Gain energy and calm from my space
- Reduce stress, frustration and anxiety level
- You will save time by not having to look for what to wear
- Set a good example for your kids
- Reduce the feeling of overwhelm
- Save money by not purchasing duplicate items
How to create space:
We love to have nice clothes because it makes us feel great. So when we see a sale, it is really easy to full into the trap of buying it just because it was a bargain. Questions we need to ask ourselves before we buy that sale item are:
Do I love it?
Do I need it?
Do I have something similar already in my closet?
Can I remove another piece of clothing so I have room for this on?
With less in our closet we can see what we have, we can plan our outfits easily and
- Fold clothes to maximize space
- Seasonal clothing – store on top shelving where it is less accessible in well labelled or clear containers
- Velvet Hangers – these are amazing and really do save so much space compared to plastic and wooden hangers
- Use hooks for accessories – this is another space saver that we tend to forget about but work really well for bags, outfits that you plan to wear for the next day, scarves and belts
- Purge every 6 months – my all time favourite as we tend to not keep this up but so important.
Favourite closet organizing products:
Velvet Hangers – these save soooo much space and are really worth the investment. The best priced ones I have found are here Velvet Hangers
Shelf Dividers – when you don’t have drawers you can use these to help keep your clothes separated and nicely folded Shelf Dividers
Underwear closet organizer – perfect for those unmentionables underwear organizer
Handbags and accessories – this hanger with hooks is great for keeping handbags, scarves, belts in order Purse Organizer
Closet Organizing System – I really like Wayfair for closet organizing systems, they have a great variety in all prices and designs.
Are you ready to get your closet minimized and organized?
Come join us for our 7 Day Closet Purge Challenge